Monday, November 17, 2008

Sleep Would Be Nice

My roommate's hard drive has a tendency to spin up, loudly, at odd hours of the night. As far as I can tell, his computer is idling, so this could be indicative of drive trouble... Regardless of the cause, it provides me with an apt analogy for the state of my mind on a Sunday night - it just won't idle.

Sundays, especially cold, snowy ones, are perfect for lazing around and not getting any real work done. This is lovely when you can afford to do that, but I don't have time for laziness one day a week, much less five or six (which is usually what ends up happening). Combine this with my whiplash-inducing attempts to re-align my sleep cycle from weekend mode back to EST. The end result is that every Sunday night, I lie in bed, wide awake, and think of all the things I didn't do today, this week, this month, this life.

It's a long list, and it only gets longer as time progresses, but eventually I get sleepy counting the nodes and drift off, and wake up exhausted and not at all ready or willing to get back to the business of Doing Stuff.

Tuesdays suck even worse.

--
all the things we did and didn't do

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home