Thursday, October 09, 2008

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Today was Yom Kippur, the Jewish day of atonement, and while considering my sins of the past year, first and foremost among them was the degree to which my posting here has lapsed. It's been, what, six months? And it's not like I don't have anything to write about.

The problem is that I'm only taking a single humanities course this semester, and that course has only a single paper, so I'm worried that I'm going to forget how to write. Without constant vigilance, my already tenuous grip on the English language will continue to wane like the sort of simile I could come up with if I could still remember how to write.

After that realization (and getting hassled by some security guys from this one place. Funny story.) my atonement was complete - but it will lapse immediately if I don't keep posting.

So, for the sake of my immortal soul, I will keep writing.

I will leave you, dear writer, with a link to my friend Jokeserver's blog of jokes so you can appreciate what I have to put up with on a daily basis.

Also, his jokes are really bad.

--
forgive me for leaving you alone

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I haven't written an essay for class in over a Year, and I've written plenty of blog posts!
Oh wait, I haven't. At least I have lab reports to, ehm, keep me sharp?

12:16 AM  
Blogger print out said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:02 PM  
Blogger print out said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:29 PM  
Blogger kjones said...

This is more or less my concern, Evan. But I'm fairly serious about trying to keep posting. The reasons I enumerate in the second or third post remain valid.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home