Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Things That Have Kept Me Awake At Night and/or Woken Me Up Early

  • Automobile traffic
  • Loud university students
  • There's this train, which isn't particularly loud in and of itself, but I guess it's really important that it blows its whistle for a good five minutes straight
  • Garbage trucks
  • Street sweepers
  • Carpentry
  • My roommate's ring tone, which is the Dr. Horrible theme
  • A jackhammer
  • My roommate's "text message received" noise, which is the "get item" sound from Zelda
  • People in the apartment above mine, holding combined track and field events / stomp dancing competitions at 0200
  • The ceiling fan, which will every so often start doing this "click click click" noise.
  • My roommate's alarm clock, which is the standard cell phone ring
  • Church bells, though this is usually not on Sunday
  • The knowledge that I will die alone and unloved.


It's a wonder that I get any sleep at all.

--

tell me all of your secrets

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger olddockeller said...

Never unloved, my lad. Never unloved.

Dad

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home